1. Call us. When you contact us, we’ll ask about the problem, when it occurred and if the vehicle is waiting to be evaluated at a repair shop. If the vehicle is not in a repair shop, we’ll help you find a reputable one nearby.
2. Take your car to an approved shop. Your claims adjuster will give you the okay to authorize the shop to do a diagnosis of the vehicle. Be sure that the shop understands to perform only a diagnosis of the problem and report their findings to your PWI claims adjuster.
3. We’ll send you a claim authorization number. As soon as the shop contacts PWI with the diagnosis, your claims adjuster will review it, confirm coverage and costs, and issue a claim authorization number for all covered items.
4. Repairs made. The shop makes the repairs.
5. Claims paid fast! You verify that all repairs were made to your satisfaction, we get the invoice, and your claim will be processed and paid promptly by check or credit card. Approved claims are paid within 5 working days after the work is completed.
REMEMBER... CALL US FIRST!
Your wallet will thank you.
You must contact us BEFORE any repairs are made.
The Preferred Warranties claims process is similar to the car insurance claims process in that you can’t get the repair done and then submit the claim afterwards. The customer needs to contact PWI first. In this way we can make sure that the repair is fairly priced, everyone is protected from fraudulent claims, and the customer’s out-of-pocket expenses are minimized.
Choose one of these 3 ways to file your claim:
- Call 800-548-1121 and please have your PWI Customer Card handy, if possible.
- Log into your Personal Account to submit your claim on-line directly to an adjuster.
- Fill out a Claims Form and submit it to our claims staff. We will call back to verify your information.
Adjusters are available:
Monday thru Friday — 8:30am to 8:00pm ET